2018 Christmas Tree



About five (5) years ago I was a Christmas tree enthusiast.  I couldn't wait to put the tree up and I dreaded taking the tree down.  Three (3) little boys and one (1) new young cat later - I hate putting up the Christmas tree.  I dread it for ten (10) months out of the year and I can't wait to take it down.  I can't really pinpoint when or how the change occurred. The once enchanting Begley Family Christmas Tree has become a pain in the proverbial behind.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I try to make it fun for Will who has never experienced a parent that loves Christmas trees. He was very interested in the whole process.  Here Will is helping Michael put the tree in the base.





Here, Will is helping Michael take all the pieces out of the bags.



Here, Will has given up on the tree and is instead hiding in the tree bag.





After Michael got the tree in place, Will and I started decorating.  He was so excited.  He wanted to look at each ornament as I took it out of the box.  Unlike Finn and Sam, Will at least pretended to be interested in the origin of the ornaments.  He would ask, "What's his name?" I would respond with the appropriate name of the character on the ornament.  For example, I would say, "this one is the 'Peek Patrol'."  Will would then say, "ahh, Peek Patrol" and set the ornament on the chair He was actually pretty helpful and didn't break too many ornaments. 







Easily the worst part of the tree for me was Meg.  She climbed that tree relentlessly and broke my favorite Christopher Radko ornament.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday