Sam Finds His Voice

Over the past few days sweet little quiet Sam has discovered the lungs that the good Lord gave him.  Sheesh that child is loud! He certainly does not have that cute little baby "coo."  Sam sound more like a peacock.  As his mother, I find everything he does to be endearing, but even I have to admit that his talking is more like squawking. 

Today was a home day for me and the boys.  However, I did have a client/friend stop by the house to work on her case.  I'm sure she was completely mortified to have to hold her attorney's baby while her attorney worked on the computer.  I run a classy joint :)

Next we met Michael at Firehouse for our weekly lunch.  While there Finn started talking across the table to a little boy.  Shortly thereafter he boy walked over to Finn and gave Finn a piece of his cookie.  It was so sweet and thoughtful.  Finn would never share a cookie with anyone, much less a total stranger.  We learned that the little boy's name was Trace and he is the great nephew of Benny Benjamen I (someone from Manchester).

After lunch we went to Target to buy birthday gifts for JT and Addison.  Finn hand selected JT's presents. I expected to have a huge meltdown when it sunk in that the monster trucks we picked out for JT were not for Finn.  He asked all the way to the register (over and over again) if he could play with the monster trucks.  Once we got in the car he either realized it was a lost cause or forgot all about them - who knows.

When we got home Finn and Sam both took a long nap.  Once Michael got home from work Sam and I went to pick out chicken breasts for supper.  Michael fired up the grill and we had a nice dinner outside.  It was so cool outside tonight that I had to wrap up in a blanket just to say comfortable - it was so great.

Sam also had his first bite of oatmeal tonight.  In true Sam fashion he handled it like a champ - no crying, fussing or freaking out.  He did spit some of it out, but managed to swallow most of what I shoved in.  Michael thinks that the bites were too big and they probably were.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere