Davidson Academy 4th Grade Tennessee Play


Every year the Fourth Grade class at Davidson Academy performs the Tennessee Play.  This is a play that showcases some of Tennessee's most famous citizens dating back to Andrew Jackson.  Finn was cast in the role of Alvin C. York - which is quite fitting if I do say so myself. 

The teachers and children have worked so hard to get ready for the performance.  They have been practicing for at least the past three months.  Finn has taken his role very seriously, working hard to get his pace, tone and character just right - and it shows.  He was excellent. 




There were two performances of the play.  The first performance was during the school day on Thursday, March 6th at 9:15.  Michael and Gran went to see this performance.  The entire elementary school attended this performance.  The second performance was at 6:30.  Grandad, Gigi, Nana, Papa, Sam and I attended this performance.   I have to say, my face hurt from smiling so much during this play - I loved it!  These kids did a great job! You could tell that they took a lot of pride in doing their best work.  No one looked embarrassed or acted as though they had to be there.  

Finn's part was at the end of Act I.  He did a great job and he was so precious!  He made sure to enunciate, he said his lines slowly and he had character.  I was so proud of him.  On our way home Finn told me that during the final song he thought that he was going to cry. He was emotional for several reasons: that his play was over;  that his entire class had worked so hard and so well together; and that he was so happy for his teachers.  Finn also told me that this night was one of the best nights of his entire life.  While we were driving home, Finn asked Sam who he wanted to play when he is in the 4th Grade play.  Without hesitation, Sam said "Elvis."  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

As I was tucking him in that night, Finn reached out, took my hand and whispered to me, "thank you for supporting me mom."  I knew that Finn enjoyed comics and drawing and listening to music, but I had no idea that Finn would enjoy performing so much.  




Gran and Michael attended the morning performance.  Michael stayed home with Will for the evening performance so that I could watch in peace.  When I picked Will up from School at 4:30, I told him that he was going to stay home with Daddy while I go and watch Finn's play.  Will was very upset at the thought of being left at home.  He tried every trick in the book to get me to change my mind.  When all else failed, he cupped my head in his hands and said in the sweetest voice, "But mom, you are important to me."  It was so precious and unexpected that I almost caved.  Almost. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday