Remembering



This was my dream home.  It was a sweet little farm house with a red roof nestled on a little over 2 acres of land.  There is a little creek that cuts through the front yard and the whole property was surrounded by trees.  It was beautiful and quiet and ours. But, our home wasn't close to anything.  We were 25 minutes from church and almost an hour from the boys' school (during rush hour) - one way.  We were beginning to realize that as the boys get older and start participating in more after hours school activities, we really needed to be closer to school.  So we made the really difficult decision to sell our home.   While we don't regret our decision, we will always love the years we spent here.  We experienced really sweet and peaceful moments here. The boys running around the in yard, playing in creek, playing with Michael on the basketball court, riding bikes down to Deshea Creek. Michael loved to sit on the back patio and drink coffee while reading his Bible. I loved raking the yard and walking through the neighborhood.  









The front foyer. 



Michael's office and the piano room.





The den.





Kitchen/dining. The entire family area was one big open space.  The kitchen, dining room, and den were all connected.  I love this floor plan because we were always in earshot of one another.







This is one thing that I will miss the most - this window.  Working in the kitchen and looking out of the window.  This looked out into the front yard - and I loved our front yard.  I was my favorite view of the property. 









Mudroom.  This never looked this good when we lived here. 





Our bathroom.  I will miss this room too. I loved getting ready in this room. 





Our bedroom.  This bedroom, while very plain, felt like a retreat to me.  The big window opened up to the woods behind the house.  It was so lovely. 



Finn's room. 



Sam and Will's room. The boys' rooms connected through Jack and Jill bathrooms.



The upstairs bonus room.  The boys spent most of their time up here.



The guest room.  This used to be the nursery - or Will's room when we had a crib.  



The back porch and patio.





Michael's basketball court.  We hated to leave this behind. 

These next few pictures I took on the day we left.  I went over to the house on my lunch break to make sure that everything was clean and ready for the new owners. It was a really hard day.  I spent the first part cleaning like a crazy person.  When the work was done, I took some time walking through each room of the house thinking about things we had experienced together and thanking the Lord for moments we shared here.  







Next, I walked the property.  It was a really nice day.  





























Later that day, we brought the boys back to say goodbye.  I didn't want to do it (because I didn't want to cry), but we thought that it would be good for them.  Once at the house they ran around and commented out how different everything looked without all of their stuff. 

At one point, we didn't hear Will anymore.  Michael tapped me on the arm and said "look."  Will had gone right outside to his swing set and started swinging.  






















We let the boys run around in the yard for a few more minutes before we packed them up in the van for the last time.  Before we left, we prayed as a family and cried just a little.  It was a good house.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday