First Cross Country Meet of the Year



This was the first Cross Country Meet of the Season - the Up Dog Meet.  I didn't get to go.  Mom took these pictures for me.  

This meet took place at Sander's Ferry Park.  Finn has run this course several times, so he knew exactly what to expect.  Sam, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. He was so scared that he would come in last place. The night before his meet I tucked Sam into bed and spent a lot time encouraging Sam.  We talk about how Sam only needs to worry about doing his best.  I reminded Sam that he is 5th grader running against 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. I reminded Sam that he hasn't hit puberty yet and that he is running against boys who have already hit puberty.  I reminded Sam that he is his only competition. He hugged me goodnight and thanked for me for talking to him.  







I am so proud to report that Sam Begley ran the entire race without stopping. It was hard, but Sam is learning that he can do hard things. And, Sam did not come in last. 

Finn did really well too. He ran an 11:03 (1.6 mile). 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday