30



Today I turned 3o years old; weird huh? I am excited about 30; there is less pressure to be fashionable. In honor of my big day, Michael and I went on a little trip to Orlando. We were actually supposed to go in June, but the Harry Potter park hadn't opened yet.

We left this morning for the airport around 5:30. Deniece came and picked us up and dropped us at the check in counter. We flew Southwest meaning out bags flew for free, further meaning we packed way too much. When we got to the airport Michael bought me a mocha latte and we waited to board the plane. As we were boarding I reminded Michael that his was our first time to fly since watching "LOST." Eerie.

Once on the plane we set next to a nice man that cramped Michael, behind a very excited little boy on his way to Disney World (him mom and aunt wore Minnie Mouse ear handbands), and in front on an infant. I really bombed on picking the seat. In my defense I was afraid that we wouldn't find two seats together so I panicked and grabbed the first pair of seats I saw.

When we arrived at the Orlando airport I picked up our bags while Michael purchased our shuttle tickets. We pulled into the resort around 11:30. Check in time is 4:00 so our room was not ready yet. Michael and I left our bags with the hotel and we went over the outlet mall to have lunch at the Taco Bell - lame, you may say; but it was good. Then we checked the place out. It is really nice resort, it has a couple of pools, a few resturants and the rooms are really big. The room we are staying in is 855 square feet (200 square feet bigger than our first two apartments). It has a kitchen, living room, and a really great whirlpool in between the bedroom and bathroom.




We checked into our room around 1:30 and immediately took a nap. Later on in the evening we walked over to Publix to buy groceries. We knew when buying the groceries that we would have to carry everything back by hand. By the time we got back to the room our fingers were blue and our forearms were on fire. Then I cooked dinner. I am now about to make popcorn and snuggle up and finish the Celtics/Heat game with Michael. I am definitely going to bed early tonight because I want to be well rested for Harry Potter in the morning!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday