Well, Finn has had a rough couple of days. We decided not to take him to church on Sunday based on how everything went on Saturday. When I got back from Sunday School Finn seemed to be doing pretty good. In fact, the rest of the day was great. You could tell that he was still a little under the weather, but I could have sworn he was coming out of it. That is until 30 seconds before we put him to bed. He yakked all over the stairs, in the foyer and finally all over the kitchen. I can't believe that such a small person could hold so much in his stomach. We immediately cleaned him up, checked his temperature (normal) and rocked him back to sleep.

Michael ended up staying home with on Monday morning while I was in court and then we switched around at lunch. Finn hasn't had any further episodes and I think that he is finally on the upswing.

Monday night Finn and I had the place to ourselves. Finn was pretty good for me. Since he was still a little sick he really only wanted me to read to him. He would bring me his favorite books, say "up" and sit perfectly still in my lap while I read. We read his "Thumper" book about 20 times. After he had had enough reading he laid his head over on my shoulder and attempted to go to sleep. I quickly took him upstairs to give him a bath before he was too tired to cooperate. After getting Finn out of the bathtub I laid him down on his towel. He immediately stood up and took a step on to the linoleum. Unfortunately his little foot slid, he fell on his bottom and then whacked his head on the floor. I was a little nervous about a head injury, so I woke him up every hour for four (4) hours. I would go into his room, turn the overhead light on and make him open his eyes and respond to me. He was not pleased about being woken up. Now he knows how we feel every morning. Finn ended up being just fine, but better safe than sorry.

Today (Tuesday) Finn seems just fine. I dropped him off at Victoria's house before work and Michael picked him up around 1:30. When Finn got home he was welcomed by Grandad. Once everything was packed up Michael, Finn, Grandad and I went to the US Bank at Kroger to get a document notarized giving Mom, Greg, Dad and Gina permission to consent to medical treatment should Finn get sick over the weekend. The girls at the Bank were happy to see Finn as he frequents their counter often. Finn also spent some time looking at the Christmas train set.

Finally, it was time for Finn to head to Coffee County for the remainder of the week and weekend. I am sure that he will have a ball with Nana, Papa, Grandad and Gigi, but we will sure miss him. We will be apart for almost an entire week. Fortunately I will have Harry Potter to numb the pain.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday