MONSTER JAM

Last night after Michael got home from work Michael, Finn and I went to Bridgestone Arena for Monster Jam.  Gran and Pa bought Finn three tickets for Christmas.  Gran also volunteered to keep Sam so that we three could go together.  We stopped on our way at Chic-Fil-A for supper.  When Finn got his food he said, "I love chicken - this is so much better than the chicken at home."   I don't think he realized that the "at home chicken" was prepared by the person sitting directly in front of him.


After supper we went downtown to Bridgestone Arena.  Since it was so cold Michael dropped Finn and I off at the door and we went to find our seat.  We had great seats!  We were in the third row from the front, right on the aisle.  Navigating the lower deck was interesting.  Finn wanted to walk slow so that he could look at everything.  After finding our section we walked in to the actual arena.  The second we walked in Finn immediately covered his ears.  I have to admit that it was really loud - however, we were only listening to the announcer.  I immediately began to worry about the noise level when the Monster Trucks came out.

The noise made Finn pretty apprehensive so it was so surprise to me when he refused to sit anywhere but in my lap.  He didn't act scared at all - just a little nervous.  When Michael made it in he brought Finn a pair of ear phone that he borrowed from John and JT.  Finn grabbed at them like they were a life raft.  Once we got his earphone on he was good to go. I love the way the earphones make his cheeks puff out. 




Next came the National Anthem.  We all stood up.  While we were standing I decided to adjust Finn earphones to make sure he had maximum coverage.  When he felt the earphone move Finn yelled out "NO" as loud as he could - during the National Anthem.  When the singer hit a high note, some of the people in the stands began to "whoop."  Finn yelled "yeah!!!!"

Finn sat in my lap for the first event - the Wheelie Competition."  The truck that Finn was the most excited about, "Grave Digger"  flipped over on his first try.  I have to admit that it was pretty exciting.

Finn seemed to have a really good time.  He was pretty quiet most of the night, but would get bursts of excitement and yell "Monster Jam." (Cut and paste the link below)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=704720377911&set=vb.36001979&type=2&theater

During the "Racing Competition" Finn moved over to Michael's lap.  I am so glad that we brought the earphones - I have never heard anything so loud in my life.  I had to go to the bathroom and shove toilet paper in my ears.





About 8:45 Finn started to look tired so we headed home.  Before we did we let Finn pick out a souvenir.  He opted for a "Grinder" Monster Truck.  Grinder was on the trucks at the rally.

Next we walked back to the car.  Finn really seemed to like walking in downtown Nashville.


It really was such a fun night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday