4WARN

Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning we had tornado warnings. It figures that on the night we could possibly be leveled by heavy winds Michael is out of town. I put the boys to bed at their normal bedtime and settled in for a long night. At 3:00 my cell phone made a horrendously awful noise. I grabbed it to see a text message that said something like "take cover!" I sat up in bed and listened intently. I heard no wind and no rain so I decided to leave the boys in bed. It stands to reason that if "0l Lightsleeper Finn" wasn't awoken by the storm, it couldn't be all that bad. Regardless I did go downstairs and turn on the TV. I sat and watched for about 30 minutes - I had almost decided to go back to bed when it happen - my ears started popping. Knowing what that meant I sprang into action. First I grabbed Sam, then Finn. Finn was so disoriented that he wouldn't come downstairs. I grabbed Finn too and carried both boys down the stairs. We went into the downstairs bathroom and waited it out. Finn and Sam seemed to think that it was really fun. We got the all clear around 4:00 a.m. Sam went back to sleep with without issue. Finn hoped in the bed with me and slept until 7:00. Happy to report that we had no damage - and no real scary moments.

On Thursday we decided to use our Groupon to Marble Slab. I just love eating ice cream on the coldest day of the year. Finn ate vanilla ice cream with gummy worms and Sam ate half of my birthday cake ice cream. He even ate it with a spoon. I put the ice cream on the spoon and Sam did his best to eat it off.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday