Hangin'

Tuesday was a first for me and the Finnster; Michael took Finn to school for the first time and I picked him up from school for the first time. Finn was so excited when I got there.  He immediately ran to the back of the class to show me a toy that he had been playing with earlier in the day.  When we got in the car Finn told me that he played with a boy named Brandon (like Daddy's friend) and another boys named Xavier (or as Finn says, Azaver).  On the way home I stopped so that Finn could use the bathroom.  I also let him pick out a drink for the car.  Sometimes I forget out fun it is to just hang out with Finn.  Usually I feel like that I am hearding cats when I have both boys. It was so nice just being able to sit and talk with Finn about his day.  He explained to me that when he gets "big like me and daddy" he will have hair on his elbows.  I assure you "I" do not have hair on my elbows. 

After our pit stop Finn and I went to Bethpage for a home visit and then we headed home.  When we got home I put Finn down for a nap.  He told me that he wanted to watch his circus video.  I turned on the video and grabbed a pillow and a blanket.  I decided since I would be working upstairs he could take his nap downstairs on the couch.  Turned out to be a good plan - he slept two (2) hours.   

Since it was so chilly out I decided to make soup for dinner and we all sat down to eat together.  As always we prayed before we ate.  Out of habit I held my hand out for Sam to hold.  I don't expect him to hold it but I usually offer it to him anyway.   Right as Michael started praying I felt a slap on my hand.  Sam had given me a "down low" five.  Sam loves giving "fives."

On Monday  we (Me, Finn and Sam) took Gran for a check up at Vanderbilt.  While we were waiting I took the boys to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping.  While riding in the buggy Finn started singing.  It wasn't very loud so I let him sing.  You know when you get so used to hearing your children sing or talk that it becomes white noise?  Well on this occasion Finn was singing his favorite line from "Rent" over and over.  I didn't even notice until someone walked by us and gave me a "what in this world is going on" sorta look.  Finn's favorite line from the show is "excuse me if I'm off track"  but comes out as "excuse me if I'm on crack."  So yeah, Finn was singing this over and over in the store.  Mom of the year right here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere