Skip to main content

One Whole Week

Two weeks ago, we stopped putting Finn in overnight pull-ups.  Instead we put him in underwear and told him that if he didn't wet the bed for a whole week we would get him a surprise.  Well six days went by without incident.  However, on the seventh day, Finn wet the bed.  I was heart-broken for him. We made the same promise to him the next week and he took on the challenge.  I am proud to report that Finn went the entire week without one accident. For his reward, Finn picked out a "Rabbids Invasion" stuffed Rabbid - oh joy.  He was so excited about his Rabbid - took it to school with him today.





This evening Finn and Michael went to Home Depot to change out the propane tank. Finn came home with a huge "Iron Man" figurine.  I was somewhat irritated with Michael for buying Finn another toy until I learned that a clerk at Home Depot gave the toy to Finn.  I guess another child had left the toy a while back at the store and never came back to the claim it.  Again, Finn was super excited.




In other news, Sam has started noticing our wedding rings.  Every time he sees my ring he says, "Look what Daddy gave to you."  When he see Michael's ring he says, "look what Mommy gave to you."  He is so precious.


I couldn't resist putting up a picture of my gorgeous tree. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.






We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.


They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.


One of my favorites!



Another favorite.




And . . . another favorite.









They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.



It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."