No More Cast

On Monday I took Finn to the doctor to get his cast off.  He was so excited.  The doctor's office had called me three times and left those automated messages reminding me of our appointment on Monday at 8:00.  We arrived right on time - bursting with anticipation.  However, we were bummed to learn that the appointment was actually scheduled for the next day (Tuesday).  So much for the automated system.  A bit annoyed, I asked if they could work us in.  The kind nurse smiled and said cheerily "Sure! But we are double and triple booked this morning so I can't promise when we will be able to work you in."  As politely as I could muster, I told her that I could not wait due to my work schedule and we left.  Side note: I can't stand doctor's offices.  If I double and triple booked clients - I wouldn't have any.  What makes me even madder is the realization that I am completely at their mercy because I can't cut that cast off myself (nor would it be wise to do so).

So . . . Take 2.  Finn got his cast off on Tuesday.  He was so relieved.  The doctor told us that his arm looked great, but that it would feel weird for a while.



Finn was bothered by the amount of dead skin on his arm.  He spent the rest of the morning sloughing it off, undoubtedly in the back seat of my van. 

Later that evening we met some friends from Sunday School and D-Group out on the lake.  Jody and CJ have a great boat and graciously invited us and our kids to chill out on Old Hickory.   They picked us up at Station Camp Creek Boat dock around 5:15 and we stayed out until dark. 

Will hated his life jacket - but I was able to get him to wear at least half of the life jacket approximately 50% of the time.  That counts, right?


Elena and Jody - part of my D-Group. 

Our D-group didn't get to officially meet this week so I was really excited to get to hang with the girls.  While we didn't do much "d-grouping," I did say my verses and Elena challenged all the wealthy people of Sumner County to sell their earthly possession (i.e. their huge lake homes) and follow Jesus.  

After dinner, the kids got in the water and swam for a few minutes.  Finn and Cameron really enjoyed swimming.  Sam panicked and, though wearing a life jacket, knew for sure that he was slowing drowning. The boys' favorite part of the evening was watching CJ wake board.  They thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen in real life.  Any time he would go over the wake, they would hoot and holler and generally freak out.  They told Jody and CJ's son Cameron that "his dad was the coolest guy ever." I would say that it doesn't take much to impress them, but after my multiple failed attempts, I can't make that claim. 

 Afterwards Dustin, Elena and I took a turn about.  We were terrible - AND I earned another enormous bruise (picture infra).  But, the boys were proud of me for jumping in that freezing cold lake and giving it the "old college try."  


Our group picture, minus Jody. From the top: Eric, Amanda, Dustin, JC with Cameron.  Bottom:  Michael with Will, Finn, Sam, Me, Elena and Eli (Eric and Amanda's son). 

Look at my handsome husband!  Oh, and while, at first glance, it looks like Finn is flipping off the camera, he is actually just throwing a gang sign. Kidding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday