Off to LH Camp

On Monday morning, Finn left for Long Hollow's Kids Camp.  It is an overnight camp in East Tennessee.  His morning started in my bed.  Since we was going to be gone for a couple of days he asked if he could sleep with me.


We arrived at church at 7:00.  Sam insisted that he be permitted to carry/roll Finn's suitcase.  


Then we went to check out the buses.  Finn was excited to be chartering to camp. You can see the nerves setting in. 


Then it was time to meet up with their group.  I met Finn's counselor, gave Finn a hug, and we said our goodbyes. It was at that point that Finn ran after me (being chased by his counselor), in tears, and begged me (in a whisper) to take him home.  I comforted him for a while - which just made the situation worse.  After a few minutes  I told Finn that I he was going to go to camp and no amount of tears or begging would make me change my mind.  He was not happy with my answer, but went without a fight nonetheless. 


By the time we got out to the parking lot, Sam was crying because he missed Finn. Will was fussing too - for what reason, who knows!  So all three of my children spent the morning in tears. It was turning out to be a great day. 


Around 8:45 Finn's counselor sent me these pictures.  I was relieved to see that Finn was at least pretending to be okay. 




Later that evening Will practiced being "big."  He ate, attempted to go down the stairs, and sat on the couch like a big boy. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday