GET Gauntlet Games



This past Saturday I participated in the Second Annual GET Gauntlet Games.  GET is the Gallatin Emerging Talent, which is basically the young (20 - 40 age) Gallatin Chamber of Commerce group. We meet every other Wednesday at Govan's Coffee House on the Square for an informational meeting.  We have different speakers on topics such as real estate, fitness and mortgages.  We also have weekend events - the Gauntlet Games.

I was on the green team.  Now, I was the oldest person on our team by a full decade.  But despite the fact that I was really awful and uncoordinated, I had so much fun!  Next year I want to get a team from my Sunday School Class to participate.



This is Lindsey and Derek - they are getting married in October.

I would describe the Gauntlet Games as "adult field day."  We had the sack race, three legged race, plank race, water balloon dodge ball, tug of war and the dizzy bat race.



I forgot that the older you get, the harder it is to turn in repeated circles.  I did fall over.










This was the bouncy house slip-n-slide.  You have to successfully flip a cup and then run as fast as you can to the slip-n-slide while be hosed down by the fire department.  This was my favorite!

Even though I was a little apprehensive about playing, I ended up having a great time.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday