Will's New Obsession/Mother's Day

 


So, we go through phases in the Begley house.  Our most recent has been SpongeBob.  All three of the boy love SpongeBob. But in the spring of 2023, Will branched out.  He came home obsessing about Lionel Messi.  Messi is all we have heard about for months.  Will and Sam have had many discussions about who is greatest - Messi or Ronaldo.  It's cute - but it gets old quick.  I guess Will's interest in Messi started with the World Cup this year because all he could talk about was getting a Messi Argentina soccer jersey.  Well, his mama found him a pretty good looking and cheap knock-off.  He wore it for almost two solid weeks.  Another interesting fact about this photo is that is shows another of Will's "likes" - "the pie maker."  The actual name of the show is "Pushing Daisies," but Will affectionately calls it the pie maker.   We spent many nights snuggled up on the couch watching the pie maker together drinking hot chocolate. It was good few months.  



Will's Mother's Day Picture.  I love that he thinks that I relax by watching "nightmare movies."


This year DA scheduled a special Mother's Day Chapel.  The Praise Team prepared a special Mother's Day song - "You Might Have a Mom."  They did a great job.  Before the song ended, each child thanked his or her mom for "something."  Sam thanked me for filling his life with joy.  The little girl next to Sam, her name is Elaine, thanked her mom for her pet Guinee Pig.  I got so tickled with how sweet they both sounded.  Then each child gave their parent a flower.  

What Sam didn't know was that I was actually running behind that day and almost didn't make it.  Sam made it very clear to me that it was important that I come to chapel that day.  I told him that I would do my best.  He looked disappointed, so I asked him why it was so important.  He told me about the song.  Then he hugged me and looked up at me with those big Sam eyes and standing right in the middle of the bathroom he sang a little part of the song to me - just in case I missed it.  Well, I didn't miss it.  I squealed in on two wheels and ran barefoot through the parking lot in a pencil skirt holding my heels and I was gasping for air like I had just ran a marathon, but I made it.  And it was worth it. 




This is a letter that Will wrote to Quinn.  He must think that Quinn's prayer life needs a pick me up. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday