Back To The Grind

Well, maternity leave is officially over.  Luckily I never took a real one so I was not at all behind on any of my work.  This morning I got both of the boys up and got them ready to go to Victoria's.  Everything was going really smoothly until we got in the car.  Finn decided that he did not want to go to JT's house.  He started to cry and asked me to stay home with him.  I felt awful.  He wasn't just doing his typical fussing routine - he was genuinely crying.

When I dropped the boys off Finn clutched to me and cried.  I passed him off and he reached and cried.  I was heartbroken. I thought that I would have a hard time leaving Sam, but that was easy compared to Finn.  Victoria emailed me during the day and told me that Finn was fine within approximately two (2) minutes after I left.  She also told me that Sam was really good. 


First "full day" picture.  I guess this is tantamount to first day of school picture.

I spent the day at home doing "administrative" stuff.  Pretty boring, but necessary.  When I went to pick the boys up Finn met me at the door, jumped into my arms, gave me a big smile and said, "I missed you mommy."  On our way to the car he picked me a flower.  He held it out to me and said, "I picked you a pretty flower mom."  While the sentament was super sweet he didn't actually give me the flower.  He told me that he would save it for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday