New Member at Long Hollow Baptist



Sunday was Sam's first day at church.  Before leaving we took a few pictures to mark the occasion.  The first thing we did when we got to church was drop Finn off.  Sam rode in the Bjorn and Finn held my hand.  I wasn't sure how this would work out because usally I have to pick Finn up and hand him to his Sunday School teacher.  In otherwords, he doesn't go willingly.   Well this time Finn walked right up to the gate and then walked right through into his classroom.  Then he turned around and asked for a kiss and hug.  I gave him one and he said "bye mom."  His teacher told me on the way out that Finn is the sweetest boy and that she loves having him in her class.

Next Sam and I went upstairs to my class.  Sam was good as gold.  He didn't disturb his Father's teaching one time.  He generally slept in the Bjorn.  He took a small bottle and then went straight back to sleep. He seemed to be doing pretty good during the service too - that is until the sermon started.  The second it got quiet Sam got hungry.  We finished the sermon in the nursing room.

After church Chelsea and I went registry shopping while the boys spent the day first at home with Michael and then at Gran's.  While the boys were at Gran's house Michael and I split a triple play at Chili's.

Around 6:30 I went to pick them up.  I asked Finn if he knew what "tonight is" and he said no.  I told him  "OSCAR NIGHT!!!"  I love the Oscars - it is one of my favorite nights of television and always has been.  I remember watching the Oscars as an Elementary school child at Granny and Papa's house.  Anyway, Finn got equally excited and started yelling "its Oscar Night."  It's pretty clear to see that Finn and I are going to be good friends.

The rest of the weekend (Saturday) was pretty relaxed.  Finn played with his toys around the house and Sam sat around and looked sweet in between feedings.  That night we met Brandon and Carissa at the Chop House.  It was funny eating dinner with four (4) kids.  Happily, they were all well behaved. 

When we got home Michael and I watched "The King's Speech" while Sam snuggled up next to me.




Finn using the Nappy Nanny as a ramp for his Cars.

Phraseology of the Finnster:

1. On sickness:  Finn is of the mindset that Sonic drinks can cure a fake stomach ache.  Here's how the scenerio goes:  Finn will take my drink, I will take it back, Finn will whine and then he will say, "my stomachache hurts."  I love the way he says this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday