The Proposal

Sam's rash was visibly worse Sunday when he woke up.  I knew they wouldn't let him go to the nursery so we kept him home with Grandad and Gigi while Michael, Finn and I went to church.  When we picked Finn up from his class we noticed that he was playing cars with another boy.  We never see Finn play with other children so we were really excited.  We noticed that Finn had lined his cars up in the floor just like he does at home.  The little boy that he was playing with is also named Griffin.  Finn didn't seem to think that was as neat as we did.

After church we all met Lauren for lunch at Brixx pizza.  On the way home Finn got to talking about how boys do not wear jewelry.  I mentioned that while boys normally don't wear bracelets and big necklaces, boys do wear wedding rings.  We explained to him that when you get married you wear wedding rings.  Finn said that when he gets married he is going to marry Ella; or Ella as in Addison's sister.

Once home we all took a long nap. Once up, Michael and Finn went to town.  When they got back Finn came running over to me and gave me the plastic ring that goes to a ring pop (Finn had already eaten the sucker).  He was so excited.  When he gave me the ring he said, now we can get married.  He is so precious.

Since Sam was still really sick and rashy I had to miss our Sunday School Christmas party to take care of him.  I was a little bummed.  Finn spent most of the night on YouTube watching videos of Monster Trucks.  He really likes "Monster Mutt."  Michael found a video of "Monster Mutt" set to the terribly obnoxious song "Who Let the Dogs Out."  Finn watched it no less than ten times.  By the second or third time Finn was singing the words to the chorus complete with the rhythmic barking. I can't wait to get that on tape.

Sam fussed the entire night.  There wasn't anything I could do to make him happy.  I was so happy when 8:00 rolled around because I was feeling pretty crummy myself.  After putting Sam to bed Finn and I snuggled on the couch and watched Jurassic Park. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday