Welcome Home

Michael and I got back from our little getaway around noon on Tuesday.  When we walked in the door I saw Aunt Chelsea holding swinging Sam around.  I braced myself for his reaction to seeing me for the first time in five days.  He looked happy, but not overly excited. I was a bit disappointed.  A few minutes later Finn came running into the kitchen and jumped into Michael's arms.  (Finn was napping when we got home).  We spend the rest of the day unpacking and playing with the boys.  Finn showed us all the things he had done with Gran.

Later that evening Gran came over to pack her things and give me the pictures she had taken during the week.  While she was there we gave her the fudge that we brought back for her from "Aunt Mahalia's."  We gave Finn his candy too - be brought him some "rock candy" (a Gatlinburg favorite) and a chocolate covered marshmallow.



As the night went on he got to noticing that Sam was acting uncharacteristically tired.  He never falls asleep before we put him in the bed.  We began to think that Sam may be getting sick. 


I love this picture of Finn. 

Even though Finn can be rather selfish with Sam, he (Finn) is more affectionate with him.  He always wants to kiss and hug him before bed.  This morning when I got Sam up the first thing Finn did was say, "thank you for getting Sam up so that I can give him a hug."  I not sure where the affection is coming from but is it pretty sweet. 

This Christmas Finn started to recognize the nativity.  Every time we see a nativity, whether it is a small nativity on a Christmas ornament or a big blowup nativity in a front yard,  Finn points and says there's baby Jesus and his mom and dad.   This morning Finn walked over to the Christmas tree and said, "baby Jesus was born in a manager."  I asked Finn what else did Jesus do and without missing a beat said "he died on a cross."   Finn has asked us to read the story of the crucifixion over the past couple of weeks.  I am glad to see that his Bible stories are starting to stick.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere