A Bumbalough Christmas

On Friday Grandad picked Finn up from JT's house and took him to Tullahoma to spend the night.  I had a couple of super contentious trial this week and spent much of the week preparing.  I was in court most of the day on Friday and was so happy when it was finally over and done.  I went home, curled up on the couch and caught up on "Project Runway."  After we picked up Sam, Michael and I used our Groupon at Fulins.  Sam came with us.  He sat in his high chair and ate fruit loops and rice the entire time.  Sam is so easy to take to town.  Just give him some food and he will be happy.  I gave him a little bit of the cabbage from my egg role.  He put it in his mouth and looked over at me with the most hurt look on his face (add cabbage to the short list of foods that Sam doesn't eat).  I then made the mistake of giving him a bit of my beef and broccoli. 

After putting Sam to bed, Michael and I cleaned the downstairs and then watched the last episodes of this season's "Dexter" It was a great day.

The next day we met Gran and Pa at Cracker Barrel for brunch.  We all had the Cinnamon Struesal French Toast.  Sam ate almost a whole piece. 

Then we went home and wrapped presents the rest of the day.  Because I have been so busy at work, I got a little behind on my wrapping.  It was almost impossible to wrap presents with Sam grabbing at everything in sight.  In spite of the chaos, we plowed through.  We sat in the middle of the floor, turned on the Lord of the Rings and wrapped away. 

Next we drove to Tullahoma for the Bumbalough Christmas.  We had a tex-mex themed dinner and then we opened presents. 


Finn got a lot of great presents.  He got two really neat books from Lauren.  Grandad and Gigi got him a fire hall, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar 3, clothes, a Play-Doh breakfast set and a Whack-a-Mole game. 
 Sam got some great gifts too - my favorite being the Leap Frog house.  
 Finn really  got into opening this year.  He would open the presents as fast as he could - yell out what it was - look at it for two seconds - and then dig right into the next present.  This year was the first year that Finn seemed to get the "Christmas is over" blues.  After a few minutes the feeling wore off and he started playing with his toys.  Either that or we explained to him that Christmas isn't over yet.
 Finn playing with his Whack-a-Mole game.  It is perfect for him.
 Making Play-Doh waffles for Daddy.


 We ended the evening with a semi-group picture - we were missing, Gigi, Finn, Michael and Zac. 

We put the boys to bed around 8:30 and then ordered "Pitch Perfect" on pay per view.  Sam slept in a pallet on the floor in mine and Michael's room.  Finn was supposed to sleep on the day bed in the boys new room.  Cooper slept on the trundle and Hank slept in the pack-n-play.  Finn was a little nervous about sleeping the same room with Cooper and Hank and panicked a little bit.  I didn't want him to wake Coop and Hank up so I let him fall asleep in Grandad and Gigi's room. 

Next we started the movie.  Midway through Finn comes running in the living room.   Instead of fighting with him to go back to sleep I let him stay up and finish the movie.  It had a lot of singing in it so he sort of enjoyed it.

When it was bedtime I decided to just let Finn sleep with us.  He was so happy.  The last thing I remember before going to sleep was hearing Finn whisper "I love you mom."  He can be such a weirdo but I love him so much.

The next morning I awoke to hear Sam scratching on the wall.  When I was able to focus my eyes I noticed that he was scratching the light socket with this finger.  I grabbed, gave him to Grandad and Gigi and went back to sleep.  I think I slept until 10:00!

 All of this happened while I was zonked out.
 I love bedhead on little boys - it may be my favorite look!


Midway through the day Em and I went to town while the boys stayed home and played.  After Emily's family left I went downstairs to workout while the boys went with Grandad and Gigi to see Gene and Minnie.  Next Micheal and I went to see the Hobbit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday