Happy Special Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and I got the best wake up call in the world.  Finn, Sam and Nana brought me breakfast in bed. 
 (Yes, I love my kids enough to post this picture of me).

Finn told me "Happy Mother's Day" and gave me a hug. He then showed me the spread that he helped to create.  Sam had no interest in saying what he and Nana had rehearsed (Happy, Happy, Happy).  Instead, he focused in on my doughnuts! It was the sweetest gesture . . thank you Mom and Finn and I guess Sam too :)

After getting ready, which was no easy feat in itself, we went to Sparta for church.  Finn and Sam both started out in service.  Sam made it approximately seven minutes before he went to the nursery.  Finn was very wiggly, but ultimately gave up, laid in my lap and took a nap. 

Next we went to Brian's house for lunch.  It was really great; it turned to be the PERFECT place for kids.  Finn had a wonderful place to roll his trucks.

And Sam was able to eat all the rocks he wanted.  I think he might have scared his great aunts to death!

The boys had the most fun playing in the water.  Finn also got to play with Sadie and Emmy.  At the end of the day when Finn was in the bathroom he told me, "mom, I had fun with my new friends today - they were nice to me."









Sam loved the water too - he was wet up to his elbows by the end of the day.





I wasn't too long before Sam discovered the waterfall.  He couldn't contain himself.


When Finn wasn't playing in the water he was playing with Papa.  I found Papa and Finn playing off to the side.  They were building a rock house and Finn was telling him all about the Dinosaur Petting Zoo. When it was time for presents - Finn and Papa went together.  










Finn hung pretty close to Papa the rest of the day.  After we got home and settled in for the night I asked Finn what was his favorite part of going to Sparta expecting him to say something like playing with his monster truck in the water.  Instead, he smiled and said, "Papa." 

Sam had a ball too.  He went from one family member to the next soaking up all the attention. 

Before bed Finn and I snuggled on the couch (he is still pretty sick) and watched the end of Ice Age Continental Drift.  At the end is a song called, "We are Family."  We watched this song many, many times.  It is a sweet song about loving your family and how close you are to your family.  Every time we watched it, Finn nuzzled up next to me and told me and loved him. 

What a good Mother's Day! Or as Finn would say, "Happy Special Mother's Day!"

And Happy Mother's Day to my mother too.  I Love You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere