Sleeping In The Den


Today Michael told Finn that they could have a campout in the living room floor.  Finn has been so excited all day.  To prepare for his big night he and Michael went to Kroger to buy snacks.  They came home with "Cars" fruit snacks.   In addition to the fruit snacks I introduced Finn to homemade blizzards.  At least once a week I make homemade ice cream (if the health of the world rested on the Begley shoulders it would be doomsday indeed).   It started out as an incentive for Michael to watch The Bachelor with me.  I called it "Bachelor and Blizzards."  Selfish as we are, I always waited until Finn was fast asleep before serving.  That being the case, Finn has neither helped me make ice cream nor tasted homemade blizzards.

When I told him that we were making ice cream he was so excited.  He wanted to do everything by himself. He kept saying, "this is going to be tee-wishous." (delicious).
Here is a picture of Finn's Tasmanian Devil shirt. This is his FAVORITE sleep shirt.  He specifically asks for it most nights.

Next we went into the laundry room to start the ice cream maker.  I took the frozen bowl out of the freezer and put it in the base.  Finn immediately sticks his tongue to the frozen bowl.
Here we have Finn "cooking" the ice cream.

Apparently no one has told Finn about "a watched pot."

After ice cream and fruit snacks the boys were tucked in for the night. Michael let Finn choose a movie and picked out "Cars."  He was excited about this special night - it is precious.  I must say I am pretty excited to have the bed to myself :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere