Father's Day Weekend

Friday the boys spent the day with Nana while I was in court. After court I drove down to Manchester to pick up the boys and head to Grandad's house.  Upon my arrival at Nana's house I learned that Nana has rubbed off on Finn a little bit; Finn had made a "to do" list. Anyone who knows my mother knows that she makes a to "do list" almost every day.  Finn's "to do" list was filled with fun things that he wanted to do which included: Playing with Sam, eating, taking a nap (which I am sure Nana nudged him in the right direction on this one), swimming, and crashing monster trucks.  I think there were at least twelve items on Finn's list - I just can't remember them all.

We stayed at Nana's house just long enough for me to think that I popped Sam's shoulder out of place.  I rolled him over on the bed and I think his arm got stuck underneath him. It was dead weight at first, but after a few minutes he was using it again.

Here a few pictures that Nana took of the boys:








Next we went to Grandad's house and ate pizza and ice cream cake for dinner. Finn only wanted the vanilla part of his cake.  Finn and Sam played in the floor for a while and then watched "Monster's Inc." We all went to bed about 10:00.  I laid down with Finn in his bed until he fell asleep which took about 30 seconds.

The next morning Finn and Sam went to Gene and Minnie's house to ride the four wheeler and the tractor. He said that he like riding the four wheeler best.  Apparently he wanted to the tractor to go faster. When they got back to the house they got in the little swimming pool - where Finn got is first sunburn. As expected it took Sam a while to get used to the water.  Grandad hung with him the entire time.  Sam would wander off and after realizing that Grandad didn't have him anymore - we would scurry back.

Dad grilled hamburgers for lunch and Finn almost fell asleep during lunch. After playing hard all day Finn crashed with me on the big chair and took a nap.  It was so sweet having Finn nap all cuddled up on me, but we were drenched in sweat by the time he woke up.

Before heading home for the day Finn hopped back in the pool.  On the way home Finn started to notice the effects of his sunburn - it was not pleasant.

On Sunday (Father's Day) we went to church and then came home for pizza.  We had a very relaxing afternoon.  After the boy's naps Finn and Michael went to Sonic for milkshakes.  Then Gran came over and we cooked Steaks for dinner.

Finn also gave Michael his Father's Day pictures that he made at Victoria's house.  On one of his papers he wrote down, "My Dad's Favorites."

Food:  Lettuce
Dessert: Cupcakes
Game to Play:  Race Car Games
Sports to Watch:  Basketball
Restaurant:  Firehouse
Favorite Memory with Dad:  Watching Monster Trucks
Dad is the best at:  Washing the Dishes
At his job, my dad:  talks to everybody and uses the computer
When not at work my dad like to:  workout a lot, change his clothes, play dinosaurs, and a running game with me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday