The Chewy's Disaster

On Friday we met Grandad and Gigi at Chewy's for dinner.  The boys had spent the night with them at the Opryland hotel the night before.  When I walked into the restaurant Sam spotted me and immediately started fussing.  His fussing soon turned into crying - loud crying.  This crying, fussing and all out fit throwing went on for the rest of the meal.  Twice I had to take him away from the table and put him in timeout near the kitchen.  Let me tell you that I got some strange looks from folks in the waiting area.  I was glad that Sam was happy to see me, but I would rather him show me how much he missed me with hugs and kisses rather than with screams and fits when I try to put him down.  

Finn was happy to see us too.  He tried to sit in my lap as well.  Every so often he would scoot his chair closer to me until finally they touched. While Finn was generally better than Sam, Finn had his moments too.  Once again Finn decided that he wasn't going to eat anything. I forced him to take a bite of beans and he immediately started to gag. I held his mouth closed and made him swollow.  It was so embarrassing.  

Finn took all of the dinner pictures.  I didn't realize he had taken any until I went through my phone this morning. 




After supper we walked the mall for a few minutes.  Finn wanted to ride the carousel so we headed in that direction.  Finn, Sam and Grandad all rode.  Sam refused to sit on one of the horses so Grandad held him instead.  

Before leaving for home Michael and Finn went to Bass Pro Shop on Finn's request.  


Sam and I headed on home to get ready for bed.  I was informed that the boys got up at 4:30 that morning so I assumed Sam was pretty tired.  When we got home Sam caught his second wind after seeing his toys.  He grabbed one of his cars and started rolling on my shoulder.  Then we did the most amazing thing - he started singing the "Finn McMissile" Theme from Cars 2 while driving the car around.  He is still a little tone deaf, but his rhythm was spot on -  I was amazed.  It looks like I have two (2) boys that will love soundtrack music. 

The next morning Finn and Sam were both in a dinosaur type of mood.  We watched "Dinosaurs" and then we played dinosaurs all morning.  During Sam's nap Finn and I played with Play-Doh and then we ate hotdogs for lunch.  Later in the day I went to the store while Michael and boys played outside with the little pool.  We grilled steaks for supper.  Finn and Sam ate animal crackers for supper and watched the spider and snake parts from HP and the Chamber of Secrets.  After supper I went to have my second eyebrow treatment.  When I got home Finn was laying on the couch watching "North America" with Michael.  I grabbed a blanket and Finn and I cuddled before bed.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday