Short/Round

Friday morning was busy in our home.  Michael had a trial in Nashville; I had an all day trial in Gallatin and Sam had an 18 month check up in Hendersonville.  This check up was scheduled for 8:30 - a mere 30 minutes before I was suppose to be in court and the courthouse is a 20 minute drive from the pediatrician's office.  It didn't take long to realize that we had a big storm a' brewin'.

But never fear - Uncle David to the rescue. When we pulled into the parking lot Uncle David was waiting for us.  Sam couldn't get away from me fast enough once he saw David.  David tried to hand him back to me for a just a minute while we were putting the car seat in the car - but Sam would have no part of it.  He only had eyes for Uncle David from that moment forward. 

While checking Sam in at the front desk I explained to the administrative assistants that Sam had two selfish and neglectful parent that both had to be in trial that morning (admittedly I didn't say it quite like that - but it sounded that way in my head) and that Sam's uncle would be attending the appointment.   Since I had to leave before getting back to the check-up rooms I took his 18 month well baby picture in the waiting room. 




Giving Uncle David a kiss.  This makes two of my spawn that prefer Uncle David to their mother :)
I might add that this kiss was totally unprovoked.   The spirit must have moved Sam because out of nowhere he planned a big one.



While looking at the fish Sam said, "Look at that!"  He has added the "at that" part recently.  Before he would point and say "LOOK!"




Since I was in trial all day I could only check my phone every so often.  Midway through the day I received a text from Uncle David - the contents of which shall be memorialized forever in this blog:

"Everything went well! He's 25% ht. 97% wt!"  Prompting me to re-nickname him "Short/Round."  (This is an Indian Jones references).

Thank you Uncle David for helping us out - we couldn't have done it without you.  Also, I hope the shots weren't too bad for you.  Oh, I forgot to mention - Sam got shots at this appointment.

After court I ran home to start dinner.  We had our friends Greg and Shelley over for dinner.  I was disappointed that Finn could not be there - but Sam and the girls played nicely together. We had a really fun night.  It was cool outside and I we had plenty of food. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday