The Sea Screamer

Today was our first full day at Panama City Beach.  The day started at 5:30 when Finn woke me up to tell me that he needed to potty.  We were all sleeping in the same room - Finn and I in one bed, Michael in the other and Sam in the pack-n-play in the closet.  Sam heard Finn ask to go to the bathroom and started screaming.  Then Finn decided that he wanted to talk to Sam .  They chatted back and forth a few minutes to each other until Michael and I couldn't stand it anymore.  We sent Finn to find Grandad and Gigi. 

At 8:30 Michael, Sam and I woke up.  I ran around the golf course while Sam ate breakfast.  I learned that Grandad, Gigi and Finn went down to the pool at 7:30.  They spent the morning working on jumping off the side.





 We joined them about about 9:30.  For some reason when Michael and I get around Finn he gets really whiny and scared.  He was doing great until we got there - then he started acting really scared and cried.


We put the life jacket on him but he wouldn't believe that it would hold him out of the water. After lunch we went down to the beach. The water was as rough as any water I have ever been in.  We didn't stay out very long because the current was so strong.  Next Finn and I built a sand castle.  It was a giant hole that had a mountainous region all the way around with a circle of city walls on the inside - quite a wonderful design.  Finn's dinosaur inhabited the big hole in the center.

Later in the day went on a sunset cruise on the Sea Screamer.  I had a great time!  Michael got a little sea sick. 



 Here we are as the trip was getting started - they started us off with a little "Gilligan's Island" theme music. The captain was really great - he played laid back music while giving a "fun" tour of the coast.

 Our first stop was to see the dolphins. 
 Next we hit some really choppy water.  This is when Michael started getting sick.  Sam was a little scared.

 Both Sam and Finn had a little bit of a hard time.  The water was too choppy to let Sam walked around like he wanted too and Finn was a little scared.  They both fought to spend time in my lap.  The trip lasted about two (2) hours.  Sam really wanted to climb on the rails.  I let him climb as high as he could safely.

At one part of our trip our captain pointed the boat at a highrise and shot a canon off straight at it.  The purpose was to hear the echo off of the buildings.

On our way back the water was really bad.  We had a red flag all day so our boat rocked all over the water.  Michael was so whoozy and Finn and Sam were both a little scared. 

We stopped for another look at the dolphins as we neared the marina.  Finn and I decided to sit at the front together.  I had so much fun with him.  He was so sweet.



Both boys really wanted to sit with me. I felt so needed. 



 We also caught a few crabs.  Finn happy to poke at the crabs with a stick, but wouldn't consider picking one up.

 Near the end of the cruise the boys started to tire. Finn wanted to "go back to the room and eat ice cream."  Sam just wanted to run wild.


On our way home we stopped at Zaxby's for dinner.  We got Finn a milkshake.  Both boys went to bed easily.

Comments

  1. Oh it looks like a fun day! Wish I were there. oh and I love your hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday