Bathroom Humor

Bathroom humor or maybe I should say "potty words" are a staple in the Begley home.  Try as we might, we can't seem to make Sam and Finn understand that while bathroom humor may be funny, it is not always appropriate.  As a mother of boys, I was prepared for bathroom humor - I expected it. What I did not expect was just how nonchalantly little boys address bathroom issues in a serious setting.  For example:

1. On Sunday I took the boys to the pool.  Midway through our day I had to use the restroom so I made the boys get out of the pool and sit on the chairs until I got back.  Our pool area is rather large and always full of people.  When I was on the other side of the pool, Finn decided that he had a important question that could not wait - so he shouts from across the pool for all to hear, "MOM, DO YOU HAVE TO PEE OR POOP?"  I seriously considered leaving and never coming back. 


2. Last night I spent hours in the boys' bathroom washing eye glasses for our trip to Uganda.  I had the entire bathroom floor covered in eye glasses.  As always, Finn decided that he needed to use the bathroom right that very minute.  He had already dropped trau (or lowered his pantaloons as Urban dictionary defines it) and was ready to go.  I told him to go downstairs and use the bathroom.  I turn around just in the nick of time to see Finn standing at the entrance to the bathroom aiming his "man parts" at the toilet and saying, "don't worry mom, I can make it."


3.  Again, while at the pool on Sunday, Sam informed me that he needed to go the bathroom. As he was sitting on the potty, he spots his "manhood."  He looks at it ever so curiously, gives it a flick and said, "it looks like a hot-dog."  

Ah . . . little boys.




Finn and Sam showing Cooper how to pose like Randy Orton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday