Skip to main content

Beech Bending It

On Saturday the boys were up at 5:00 a.m.  They were so excited about their trip to Beech Bend.  We met Gran, Pa, Chelsea and James at the Hardees in Goodlettsville for breakfast.  Neither was terribly impressed by the cinnamon raisin biscuit - sacrilege!

We got to the park about 10:30 and immediately started riding rides.  I think that both of my children will be "big time" theme park fans.  Finn, Sam and I rode "the boat" ride first.  They loved it.  Then we rode one of those circular, nauseating rides with uncle James, but every time James would try to spin our seats Sam would yell at him to stop. Next, Micheal and Finn rode the kiddie roller coaster.

Then we found the bumper cars.  Sam couldn't make his go at all - so he basically sat there the entire time wedged between the wall and other cars.

Next they rode the "obnoxious horn ride" (these are my own names for the rides.).  On this ride, the boys rode stationary motorcycles around in a circle and blew the most obnoxious horn I have ever heard.

Then they rode the "Whip."  It was really a very simple concept - you ride around in a oral pattern, but when you get to the turn, the ride whips you around.  The first time they hit the whip, Sam's eyes went huge and I was sure that we would start crying.  Instead, he took one look at Finn and the two of them busted out laughing.  Sam has THE best laugh!

Next we rode Sam's favorite ride - the school bus ride.  He yelled the whole time - "this is fun mommy!"

On our way to eat lunch, Finn and I stopped at the Himalaya - this kid loves thrill rides - and then we rode the big swings.

We made a quick stop for lunch and then it was time for the waterpark section of the park.  We first hit the kiddie area and then we hopped in the lazy river - my favorite.  Finn rode in a double float with Gran while Sam sat in my lap.  The lazy river dumps you out in the wavepool so Sam got to experience the wavepool as well.

On our way out, Finn and I made a quick stop to a ride that is just like "Prime Evil Swirl" at Disney World. Then the boys asked me to ride the monster truck ride.  This was the bumpiest and most uncomfortable ride that I have ever been on.

It really was the most perfect day.  It only got into the 70, there was no rain and we didn't wait for any rides.

Once we got back to the parking lot, we realized that our car wouldn't start. Luckily a car next to us had jumper cables and we were able to get to a store to buy a new battery.

For supper we stopped at Olive Garden where they boys "cleaned up."  Sam had a ton of salad, spaghetti and ice cream.  They were both good as gold in the restaurant.









Uncle James enjoying the water park.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Surprise sickness

When I picked Will up from daycare yesterday, I was informed that several babies had gone home throwing up.  Thirty minutes later - Will threw up too - in the car! It was so gross and so smelly.  The boys were really upset. For a minute, I thought they would throw up from the smell.  Luckily, we were on our way to the dentist so they quickly forgot about Will's vomit and started panicking about the dentist.  You see, I had kept this little tidbit from them until right before time to go.  This spared me days of whining.


Oh, and Will just started eating carrots.  That is why he is orange. 
When he got to the dentist's office I took Will in to change him.  When I pulled his only spare outfit out of the diaper bag I notice that the "do not steal me" hard, plastic tag was still attached.  Perfect.  I decided that he would just wear nothing.  So he sat in my lap, wearing nothing but his diaper all while throwing up into a baby blanket.  It was a make it work moment.  And o…

Sleep Training

Since he came home from the hospital, Will has slept right next to me.  For the first few weeks it was on the air mattress. Then we moved to the couch. Then we moved to a twin mattress in the floor of Will's room.  It didn't take long until we permanently took up residence in the marital bed - thus effectively evicting Michael.

We NEVER let Finn or Sam sleep with us - Will was different story.  He was a bit needier that Finn or Sam.  We were able to put both boys in their own crib at around 6 weeks and while they whimpered a bit - we were both able to self soothe enough to go to sleep.  Will hated his crib from the word go.  Whenever we put him in it he would scream until we finally came to rescue him (his words - not mine).  The times we tried, he would scream for well over an hour without tiring.  It was exhausting. So, we let him win.  This is how he wound up sleeping in our bed for six months.

Now, I am not complaining.  I LOVED having Will next to me in bed.  We both sle…