Fall Break

This week was Fall Break at HCA.  It kinda snuck up on me this year.  The boys spent all day with Gran on Wednesday while I went to work.   They started the day making Halloween cupcakes.  They were pumpkin flavored with sprinkles.  They were very excited to give them to us. 




After making cupcakes Gran took the boys to pick out their Halloween costumes.  Finn picked "Batman" and Sam picked "John Cena" of course.  When Michael and I got home from church on Wednesday night, Finn and Sam were in the process of putting on their costumes.  They wanted to surprise us.  Finn was very upset that we walked in on them.  Finn forced us to stay in the den while they continued to change in the kitchen.  Then they ran in and "surprised" us. 



On Friday the boys went to work with me.  First we went to the Clerk's office where they played quietly in the floor while I filed a Petition.  Then we went to the courthouse on the square for a quick review hearing.  The minute we walked into the square Sam pointed to a law office and said, "that is where the scary guy was."  Last year, during Trick-r-Treating on the Square, one of the local attorneys stood in front of his office wearing a scary mask.  This image was burned into Sam's memory as he remembered the exact spot one year later. 

Once inside I sat the boys down on the bench in the hallway and went over to speak to one of the court officers. I turned around to see the Public Defender (whom I know only by name) and Magistrate Howard talking to the boys about their wrestling figures.  After a few minutes of chatting with the boys, Mr. Doyle said, "do these boys belong to anyone."  I said, "well, they have a really bad mom and DCS is on their way."  He looked so sad and said, "that's too bad."  Realizing that he thought I was serious, I had to admit that my joke had fallen woefully flat. 

Both boys sat and talked to Mr. Doyle and Magistrate Howard for a long time.  They were respectful, funny and answered every question asked.  I was so proud of them. 

Later than day we met Gran at the movie theater to watch "Hotel Transylvania 2." The movie was really cute and Sam and Finn ate a ton of popcorn. After the movie the boys played in the big video game box.  Then we met daddy at Red Robyn for supper. 



A Red Robyn, Sam fell into the toilet - which, by the way, had not been flushed from its previous use.  We walked in and Sam started to pull the set up.  As he did, his foot slipped and he fell into the toilet.  Not much makes me nervous (germ wise), but seeing Sam in a toilet full of some else's urine bothered me a bit.

On Saturday, we all went to Opry Mills to hang out with Dustin, Elena, Ethan and Olivia.  We had lunch at Moe's and then we walked around the mall.  We had a good time.

Trying on hats at the Aquarium restaurant. 

The boys shopping with Daddy at Kroger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere