Good Day

I really enjoyed hanging out with the boys yesterday.  Sam had a really good day at school earning a blue sticker - which means that we was "the best" that day. I was so proud of him.  After school we came directly home and did homework. Finn hung close to me the whole afternoon.  After about an hour, I learned why.  He explained that no one wanted to play with him at school.  I knew that the issue would work itself out quickly, but broke my heart all the same.

To make him feel better I started to tell Finn silly stories about things he did and said when he was a baby. Being very narcissistic, Finn loves nothing more than to hear interesting things about himself.  Next, Finn asked me to read "According Finn," a book Nana made for him.  To make this book, mom took some of my funniest blog posts, put them in categories and labeled each page according to it subject matter.  Finn and I snuggled on the couch and read the whole book. Finn thought it was so funny! At first Sam thought it was funny too - then he started noticing that none of the stories were about him. He asked several times when we were going to read his funny stories.

Next we met Daddy at Blue Coast for family night.  On nice nights we sit outside and eat dinner. This is one of my favorite weekly activities because the food is good, sitting outside is very relaxing and the boys run around after they are finished eating.  This gives Michael and I some time to chat.

Then it was off to Wal-Mart to shop for Halloween decorations. The boys love to look at scary stuff.  I scared them pretty good with a skeleton/clown.

Once we got home the four of us played and wrestled on our bed for almost an hour.  It was just a really great family day.










On Thursday Nana and Papa brought us their old couch for our playroom.  The boys were so excited to see them.  They wrestled with Papa and read with Nana. I think that I speak for our entire family  when I say that I LOVE having this couch in the playroom.  It is so comfortable and we have sat up there more this weekend than we have in five years. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday