Skip to main content

Officially Moving

Well, we are moving.  Our house was listed for sale on Wednesday of last week.  On Friday of last week we started showing it.  We had 18 showings from Friday morning to Saturday afternoon.  We had 8 offers.  It all happened very fast.

I am so thankful the house has sold, but I will say that it has been a little stressful.  Keeping the house spotless with two (2) young boys has been a challenge.  The biggest challenge has been keeping our carpet clean.  Fannie, for example, throws up no less than two (2) times per day.  We had the carpets professionally cleaned last weekend so Fannie has been locked in the garage for almost 10 days.  We thought we had this problem licked until Saturday morning at 12:30 a.m. when Finn came into our room and told us that he had thrown up.  Finn sleeps on the top bunk so when he throws up, it goes everywhere - including the carpet.  You know what they say about best laid plans.

Well, we cleaning everything up and managed to keep the smell at bay.  We were scheduled for an open house the next morning at 10:00 - so we had to make sure everything was washed and cleaned. Meanwhile, Finn threw up three more times so we were up every hour with him.

At 7:30 a.m. I dragged myself out of bed, preparing to spent a couple of hours insuring that our house was in tip top shape. I happened to look over at my phone to see that we had another showing scheduled for 8:30.  I ran around like a crazy person getting the boys, myself and the house ready.  At 8:28 I threw the boys in the car and we peeled out of the driveway.

We spent the rest of the morning at Gran's.  For lunch Pa treated Gran (at the rest of us) to lunch at Coco's Italian Market.  The food was great!

We got back home around 2:00 and we all slept until 5:30.  We were all so tired.

I have attached the professional pictures taken of our house so that I can remember what my house looked like when it was really clean.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.


They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.


One of my favorites!



Another favorite.




And . . . another favorite.









They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.



It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.






We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…