Flag Football

Last Saturday was the boys' first flag football game.  They both did terrible, but we didn't expect any better.  Sam, Will and I arrived at the fields around 8:30.  I stopped to get coffee on the way and bought Sam his first ever bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, which has quickly become his new favorite.  
 We really couldn't have asked for a better day to play.  It was nice and cool and the sun was out.  The only problem was the grass - it was really wet. Luckily I had a big plastic tarp in the van.  I laid the tarp out and put a quilt on top.  

Back to the games.  Finn's game was first.  For the first half of Finn's game, I watched seven and eight year old kids (not my kid, mind you) play football like they had been playing their hole lives. Midway through the game I looked across the field to see Michael talking to Finn. I could tell that Finn was upset - most likely crying.  After his game was over Finn told me that he lost the game for his team. Apparently he dropped the only ball that was passed to him. He reasoned that since they only lost by one touchdown, his missed catch was what cost them the game.  I explained to Finn that his reasoning was flawed and that he did not lose the game for his team.  But try telling that to an insecure seven year old.

Sam's game was a bit more fun to watch.  Mostly because the kids are tiny and just get out there and have fun.  Sam ran for a few yards, but was otherwise ineffective. But unlike Finn, Sam had a really good time. I think that Finn will settle down and enjoy it more as he understands the game/rules better.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday