The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors

Today was Fall picture day for Will.  If you recall, Spring pictures did not go so well for Will because I forgot to put him in clothing suitable for photographing.  So, he took his pictures in his diapers. This go around, several teachers reminded me several times about school pictures.  Well, I was ready today.  I even combed Will's hair. He wore is Dumbo romper that Nana bought him for his birthday. He looked so precious.
 









After school, I took the boys to get haircuts.  Then we went to Barnes and Noble to buy Finn the second installment of Captain Underpants.  He read the first on the school bus over a period of four days.  I told him that I will buy him a new book each time he finishes a book.  I also let Sam pick out a book.  We looked for a good long while to find the perfect book.  In the process, I read several books to the boys while in the store.  Our favorite, hands down, was "The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors."  We happened upon this little gem on our way to the check-out counter.  Finn found it and begged me to read it.  So we sat down right in the floor next to the display table and read.  I didn't know what I was in for - it is really funny book.  On one page, "Rock" challenges an apricot to a fight.  He wins of course - but before doing so exclaims that the apricot looks like a "big, hairy, butt." If you know my children, then you know that they both lost it in the middle of Barnes and Noble. It was so sweet.  We had so much fun reading that book that I had to buy it.

Once home, I started getting the house ready for Finn's 8th birthday party.  We are trying something a little different this year.  Instead of having a big friend party - we are having a low key family party - and then we are going to take Finn and friend on a fun activity of Finn's choosing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday