Elmo

I am learning that we are not going to be able to avoid the Elmo craze. I have no idea who thought up Elmo, but that person is a true genius. Kids love that guy! Recently we have noticed that Finn is starting to say Elmo. I thought that maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear so I didn't blog about it. However, Tuesday when I picked Finn up from Victoria's house, she said, "Did you know Finn can say Elmo?" I don't really expect anyone to believe me, so I videoed him saying it and posted the video to this blog.

Today Michael and I took Finn shopping for his birthday. The very first aisle that we came to was the Elmo aisle. Well that got Finn all flustered.




That is until he bumped into an Elmo that can actually talk. He didn't like that Elmo one bit. Every time it would say anything Finn would push it away.

Once Finn started showing signs of fear and anxiety, we moved on to the monster truck section. Finn, of course, liked the trucks but started calling out for Elmo - so we brought him back. This time was bit better. We found a great Elmo phone that we purchased for Finn.
Next we went to the Cowboy section. Here we see Finn sporting a bright red cowboy hat. You can see that the picture is not great, the reason you ask? My camera is broken! The LCD screen is busted and I can't see what picture I am actually taking. It is a huge bummer, and right before his birthday too.
We got home fairly late so we immediately gave Finn a bath and then fed him some oatmeal. Finn is starting to let us know verbally when he is hungry. We can ask him if he wants something to eat and when he is hungry he will say "E", "E", "E". He hasn't mastered the word yet, but we get the gist. When he is full he politely shakes his head back and forth as if to say "no" when he is finished. We also know when Finn is really enjoying his food because he will say "Mmm" after the first four or five bites.

Finn is officially off of the bottle and has been for five days. He is still a little restless while being rocked to sleep, but no more so that any other time of the day. I think that he has completely forgotten about his nightly bottle.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday