When Babies Get Quiet

You might think that a quiet house is peaceful house. Well, nothing could be further from the truth when you have 17 month old baby toddling around. On Friday morning Finn asked for cereal of breakfast. Dry cereal is something that Finn can eat without assistance so I put him in his booster seat, grabbed my morning coke and went to stare blankly at what happened to be on TV.

After a few minutes I noticed that it was unusually quiet in the kitchen. I have no idea how long I was tuned out, but when I walked into the kitchen this is what I saw. . .

Finn had reached behind him, grabbed Michael's wallet and had completely emptied it. As we know Finn like any other baby loves to empty things, baskets, tv cabinets, regular cabinets and now wallets. In this picture Finn is looking at Michael's state i.d. He likes looking at our driver's licenses so Finn excitement over the i.d. makes sense.


That morning I had a short motion to argue in Lebanon so Michael took the morning off to hang with Finn. I got home by 10:30 and Finn and started our day. First Finn and I went to the post office and then we went to Walmart. When we got to Walmart I put Finn in the buggy and as we were wheeling off I noticed that the seat belt was broken. I knew I would only be in the store for a few minutes so I decided to just tough it out. Big mistake, it took Finn exactly T-minus 30 seconds to start standing up. I noticed that he only stands up when the buggy is stopped so I just decided to keep the buggy moving. We looked ridiculous running that buggy through the store grabbing things as we flew by. It worked though and Finn though it was fun.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Around 4:00 Finn started begging for yogurt. Yogurt is "this weeks" food of the week. Finn can specifically ask for yogurt by saying "ho-kurk." Went he says it he gets this guttural German sound in his voice. Its pretty funny. When the container was pretty much empty I told Finn "all done" and then took it away from him. The act did not warrant his response. Yes, I gave in. But I had a good reason for it. I knew that if I could keep occupied in his seat for a few more minutes I could finish cleaning the kitchen. These are the pictures that followed.




After Dad got home we decided to spend out night at the Beech/Gallatin basketball game. Our friend Chase is one of the coaches of the boys team and put on the list for free entry. I have admit that I felt like royalty walking right past the ticket table! The first thing was did was purchase a gourmet dinner at the concession stand; hots dogs for mom and dad and pop-corn for Finn, or as Finn says "pop-cone." We had a surprisingly good time at the game. We sat with Chase's mom and dad and Finn was relatively well behaved. He danced to the warm up music. I tried to get a picture of him dancing to the "Eye of the Tiger" but the minute I got the camera on him he stopped.

We were really only able to stay for the first half because Finn was so tired. The boys game didn't start until after 8:00 so by half time he was miserably tired.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finn sure has been busy being cute this weekend!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday