Big Scare





Today Finn spent the whole day at home with Gran. The pictures show that Finn really enjoyed his day. While he was having fun at home I spent from 8:30 to 6:30 in Lebanon - really long day.


When I got home Finn was bathed and ready for bed. Before starting to settle down Finn pushed his big Thomas around. I got the bright idea to sit on Thomas and let Finn push me around. He thought this was great fun - I found it to be quite uncomfortable.


Next it was time to rock Finn to sleep. Right before going to bed he always eats an apple; this night was no different. However, on this night Finn got choked on a piece of apple. For a split second I thought Finn would be able to get it up himself. When it became evident that he couldn't, I started patting him on the back with no success. Then Michael stuck his finger in his mouth to get the piece with his finger. He told me it was really far down there and that he couldn't get it. I have never felt so scared. I told him to call 911 even though I knew it would do no good. I then went in after the apple, but couldn't get it the first time. The entire time Finn was biting down on my finger as hard as he could (it broke the skin and and now has swelled just a bit). Thankfully, the second time I was just able to get a finger around the little piece and pull it up. I felt so bad for Finn; my finger was as far down his throat as possible - it had to be so uncomfortable. The whole thing couldn't have taken more than 15 t0 20 seconds but it felt like a lifetime. It was awful. After we heard him crying, my body went completely limp. It took a few minutes to calm him down, but seemed to be fine. I on the other hand wasn't. After putting him to bed I cried for a long time. Then I got Finn back up out of bed and held for a while longer. I'm sure he will be a little sore tomorrow, but I am thankful that he is okay.

I'm sure this type of scare happens to all parents at some point and with this knowledge I have been dreading our turn since Finn was born. Despite the awful feeling, we all got through it and thankfully Finn is just fine.

Comments

  1. I'm just glad you didn't run for the camera this time! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday