Family pictures

Today we all went to Aunt Sharon's family farm to take pictures. I picked Finn ups from JT's house at around 1:00 and we went home to put on our matching black shirts. On our way to the farm Finn and I stopped at Sonic to get a happy hour drink. The minute we pulled Finn started talking about grilled cheese sandwiches. A few months ago Michael randomly got Finn a grilled cheese when he was getting his Route 44 diet vanilla coke. Now, we can't go to Sonic without getting a grilled cheese for Finn.

After shoving down the sandwich we continued on our way to the farm. During this leg of the trip Finn started counting. Finn can now count to 10 unaccompanied. Just like with the alphabet song (which he now sings the whole thing except for "LMNO" and starts back in a solid "P") the numbers aren't perfectly clear and I'm sure they don't mean anything to him. Nevertheless, I sure do love to hear him count.

When we got to the farm Finn and uncle David went to see the horses. Finn was really nervous at first so David took him to see the chickens.




We had a good time getting pictures taken. We had several locations changes and Finn found a new friend . . . a red wagon. He would have been happy to sit in the wagon all the entire time.






We don't have the pictures just yet, but I will post some of them when I have them.

Finn was really sweet once we got home. All he wanted to do was sit with his dad. When he was finally tired enough to sit with me, he curled up in my lap and let me rub his back. We also gave lots of Eskimo kisses. Finn thought that was funny. Then looked at me, gave me a big smile and said "blanket." That is our cue that Finn is ready for bed. We took him upstairs, but him in bed, turned on his turtle nightlight and went to hand Finn his blanket and it wasn't in his crib. When Finn realized that Mama hadn't handed him his blanket, he stood up and started peering over the top of the crib. When I finally found it I handed it to him and he laid down and went straight to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere