Being Practical

Today Finn went into the kitchen and grabbed a pot holder and took it up to his kitchen so that he could get some food out of the oven.  So practical.

When I went downstairs to get the camera I came up to find Finn taking Sam's order.

Even though it is Saturday I had to meet with a client. Michael was in Chattanooga helping David and Sharon move out of their apartment so the boys went to spend a few hours with Gran.  When I picked them up I found them all in the den watching Veggie Tales. Finn did everything he could think of to stall - he didn't want to go home.  We put together puzzles and read books.  Finn even had a great trip to the toilet so Gran gave him a Roaul Caroul car.

When we got home Finn took a two and half our nap.  Sam and I ended up snuggling together on the couch and caught a nap too.

Kids say the darndest things: 

1. On the way to Gran's Finn was lamenting about the scrape on his knee. I asked him if he needed a Band-Aid. Through whimpers he then told me the following:  "my doctor hurt Sam, but then she gave him a Band-Aid and he was better.  I was shocked that he remembered - Sam got his shots over 5 weeks ago.

2. The other day Uncle James thought it might be fun to mess with me.  He asked Finn, "don't you want a dog."  Finn, without being prompted said, "No, I like kitty cats."  I hope this holds true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday