Boys Don't Wear Makeup


Saturday was jam packed full of fun for the boys.  First, Sam tried his hand at the jumpy.  He is starting to hold his head up really well so we thought it might be worth a try to let him bounce for a while.  As you can see, Finn helped out too.


Here we have a picture of Sam having a lovely time. The very next second he looked that this . . .

A rare picture of Sam crying.

Sam is also trying to turn over.  He is one week shy of being four (4) months old.  It looks like Sam is going to be very flexible.


Later in the night we took the boys to a family friendly Cinco De Mayo party at Roger and Anna's house.  Roger and Anna are members of our Sunday School class.  Finn had a ball.  He played in the yard with Addison.  He played with Roger and Anna's little girl's grocery cart and he roasted marshmallows - by far his favorite.  At one point Carissa and I thought we saw Finn chasing Addison around the yard with a flaming marshmallow - thank goodness we were mistaken.



Look that that little "redneck."   The belly looks so funny.  I thought that s'mores might be a bit too messy for Finn so I took his shirt off.   I bet Finn roasted half a bag of marshmallows.  He didn't eat too many of them - he just loved roasting them.


Finn enjoying his first s'more.  It was love at first bite.

As we were packing up to leave Finn walked up to Roger and said, "boys don't wear makeup."  When I am getting ready in the morning Finn will tell me that he needs to put his makeup on.  I usually just give him a brush and let him play while I finish up my own makeup.  He rub the brush on his cheeks and eyelids - and yes, the brushes have no makeup on them.  One day Michael saw this and told Finn, "boys don't wear makeup."   Finn decided to pass this little truth on to Roger.  John, overhearing the coversation, told me that JT told his family (John and Victoria) that Finn told him (JT) the same thing.  Poor Finn - I have completely confused the poor child.

Finn also taught us a lesson on boys and girls.  I asked Finn the other day if daddy was a boy?  He said, "no, daddy's a guy."  When asked if Sam was a boy or a girl, Finn replied, "he's little.  He is not a boy or a girl - he is just little."  I'm not sure how old one must be in Finn's eyes to have a defined gender.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday