The Surplus

On Saturday I decided to take Sam to the doctor.  He was still coughing, had a runny nose and looked liked he felt awful.  I had a lousy thermometer that only works half of the time so I didn't know if he was actually running a fever or not. I decided better safe than sorry and took him on in.  Finn and Michael went to the Home Depot while we were gone.

A few months ago we got some terrible news that our pediatrician was retiring.  I really like Dr. Thompson.  She is calm and really sweet.  We decided that if we stay with the practice we will be going on with the other Dr. Thompson.  As it turns out Dr. Thompson (the new one) was on duty.  The meeting was a little awkward as he walked in on me breastfeeding. When he checked in Sam's left ear he saw that he had an ear infection. When he looked in Sam's right ear he saw nothing but a mound of wax (hint the surplus).  He actually had to go get a wax spoon to scrape out all the excess wax just so that he could check his ears.  I was so embarrassed. 

I also felt bad because I let Sam hang out all week with an ear infection.  He seemed like he felt bad but he didn't really complain that much.  When Finn gets ear infections he vomits and acts very dramatic.  I guess we will just have to watch Sam pretty closely.

When we got home I checked the mail to find my new/used IPOD.  Thanks to my good friend Mat I was able to get a second hand IPOD touch loaded with 39 audiobooks!  I am so excited; and I wasn't the only one.  When Finn saw the IPOD he immediately said, "let me play with your phone mom."  Finn plays with IPhones at JT's house so he knew exactly what to do with them.  Here we have Finn teaching me how to use the IPod.





Later that night Brandon and Carissa stopped by the house for some cookies and conversation.  Finn and Addison played upstairs in the playroom together the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday