A Fence is Only as Good as its Gate

I have been looking forward to Saturday ever since I learned that the high would be in the mid 80s.  I woke up early looking forward to a fun day.  When I woke up and got onto our neighborhood Facebook page (I love the drama)  I learned that there was a fire down the street.  I am a pretty heavy sleeper and did not hear a thing.  I looked outside and saw no evidence of fire.  Perplexed, I started looking into what was going on and learned that there was murder in our neighborhood and the a fire was set to cover it up. Weird.

Even though the morning started off a bit strange - the rest of the day was great.  In the morning while Sam napped Finn, Michael and I played in the backyard.  It was so nice to run around and not drop dead of heat exhaustion.   It was also the first day that we could leave the windows open in the house. We are also learning that our fence is not as effective as we once believed.  Finn is now able to open the gate.  We are going to have to get a lock.

 Finn and his Saturday morning pancakes. Normally I mix them and make them in the skillet.  This time I grabbed them out of the freezer and popped them in the microwave.  They were so good and sooo easy.  Finn may never have homemade pancakes again. 


 Being a mother to boys means that I will have to acclimate to wrestling and rough housin'


 Sam has clearly had enough for now. 


Finn specifically asked me to take this picture - so I did. 

Since it was so nice we decided to grill hamburgers for supper.  I put a big quilt of Granny Yates' out in the yard and set Sam on top.  I grabbed a few of his toys and he played happily while Michael grilled.  I turned on a little Springsteen and waited for Gran to arrive.  We enjoyed our hamburgers on the patio while Sam played in the yard.  Even Finn ate a hamburger patty.

Everything is more fun in the cool weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere