Detours

This has been a fairly busy week.  Michael had the draft at our house Sunday night so we spent the weekend, cleaning, cooking and generally preparing for that.  Finn was so excited for the "football party" as he calls it.   He didn't know what to do when the party was in full swing.  He was so excited for cookies while at the same time so excited that Greg (one Michael's friends) was playing dinosaurs with him.  Once dinner was over I took the boys upstairs.  Finn and I played trains and hide-n-seek until bedtime.  I can't really explain why, but I had so much fun playing with Finn.  After making one final appearance to tell everyone goodnight Finn went to bed.  He woke me up at 6:00 the next morning and whispered, "Mom, can I go back downstairs to the football party."  Poor child thought that everyone was still at the house.

This week Finn has been obsessed with detours. When I picked him up from JT's house on Tuesday the first thing he said as we were pulling out of the driveway was "MOM! Will you make a detour with me."  He immediately went onto say the following: "A detour is when you go one way to go the right direction."  I felt like I was in the middle of a definition bee.

When we got home Finn got all of his blocks out and we sat in the floor and built an elaborate road system and then built a big road block.  It was pretty impressed.  This child may be a civil engineer after all.

Thank goodness Finn has been pretty good this week because Sam has been awfully whiny.  I'm sure, or rather I should say, I hope that Sam is only fussy because he is teething.  Since he is teething he is chewing on anything and everything he gets his hands on.  Case in point a green marker.



Not only do we get a good view of the "incredible hulk" (green mouth and bad attitude) we also get an accurate glimps of Sam' general disposition over the past few days.

He does seem to feel better when I hold him.  Therefore, I have spent an awful lot of time holding this boys lately.  I can't complain though - he is sweet.

I also bought him some Baby Mum Mum Rice Rusks.  They are messy and seriously gross - but they keep him pretty happy.





I went a bit overboard on the rice rusk pictures.  Anyway,  in addition to crying, Sam communicates with us in other ways.  When we really wants something, such as a bit of food, he will reach his hands out to the side and rotate his wrists. I think that Finn might have done the same thing.

The last set of pictures are of the "Sam Taco."  He rolled himself up in that blanket in no time flat.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday