Two for Two

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did a pretty good job of registering for my wedding gifts.  I still use and really like most of my kitchen things - with the exception of my toaster.  One of the best choices I made was the Cuisinart ice cream maker.  I make ice cream every Monday night to eat while watching the "Bachelor" with Michael.  Deanna bought the bright red ice cream maker for me which is another reason I like it so much.  Well on Monday night I discovered that Michael and I had run my poor little machine into the ground.  "Darn." So needless to say Michael and I did not have our Monday night ice cream.

On Thursday I found the same model on sale at Belk's for half price.  Same model; different color.  My new ice cream maker is lime green!  They crazy summer colors were the only machines on sale, but it was well worth the sale price.  We went as a family to buy the ice cream maker.  I held Sam on my hip and Finn skipped through the store.  While at Belk's Finn learned that he could hide in the clothes.  He thought this was so much fun.  Michael and I played along asking "where's Finn?"  All of sudden we would hear this excited, shrill little laugh coming from the middle of a clothes rack.

The next day I was able to stay home with the boys again.  I was so excited to get to spend two whole days with Finn and Sam; that is until around 9:00 a.m.   Just kidding, sort of.  Finn was a bit more keyed up on Friday than he was on Monday.  I think Finn spent most of the morning ensuring that Sam didn't touch any of his toys.  Finn hasn't quite gotten the hang of sharing yet.  After Finn went down for his nap Sam took full advantage.


 Caught red handed.
The boys did not nap at the same time so my day was pretty hectic.  I didn't manage to shower or workout until after Michael got home.  I did get to do some major cleaning though. 

Around 7:00 p.m. I got a pretty bad case of "cabin fever" so I loaded the boys in the car and went to Kroger to buy ingredients for mint ice cream; grasshopper cookies.  When we got to the checkout line I dropped one of Sam's jars of baby food.  The jar shattered into a thousand pieces and went everywhere.  I was completely embarrassed which was made worse by Finn constantly bringing it up.  The entire time I was checking out Finn would say over and over, "Mom, did you drop Sam's food." "Mom, is everything o.k."  "Mom, that was your fault." 

When I finally got both boys and all the food in the car I opened the grasshopper cookies and gave one to Finn.  After he had eaten two cookies he said, "I don't like these cookies; they make me have to do this."  (By "this" he meant - opening his mouth really wide and breathing deeply).  Finn clearly was not prepared for how mint makes your mouth feel.

I must say that the grasshopper cookies made the ice cream delicious - it was just the right amount of mint.  Michael and I ate our ice cream while watching the Olympics.  I have watched nothing for two weeks but the Olympics and have loved every minute. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tip about the grasshopper cookies, I want to try that! Yum!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday