Finn's Big 3

On Friday I met Mom at the Sonic on 109 to give her the boys for the evening.  She volunteered to keep the boys overnight so that I could cook and clean in peace. On the way there Finn said, its a beautiful day mom; its not rainy or cold.  He said it with such enthusiasm. He is just so special.

Finn has been looking forward to his 3rd birthday party for months.  I can't even count how many times he mentions in a week.  He goes through what type of cake he wants, what presents he wants and who he wants to invite (Addison and JT).   Given his insatiable excitement I was a bit nervous about this party.  I would be heartbroken for Finn if he waited so long for his party and then ended up not having a good time.   Well . . . I am happy to report that Finn's party was huge hit.  He was excited from the minute his feet hit the threshold to the time the last of his friends left.

Finn arrived at the house at about 10:30 on Saturday morning.  Papa reported that Finn asked every few minutes "are we there yet?"  I learned that Papa turned the tables on Finn and started asking him the same question.  Mom reported that when Finn saw his cake (mom picked it up from the cake lady in Manchester) he said, "this is my best birthday ever!"

The first thing Finn did when he walked into the house was notice the triceratops cutouts that I had taped up.  His mouth fell open and he said, "why are there so many?"  Next Finn showed me his cake.  He couldn't keep his fingers out of the icing.



Next we took Finn out to the backyard to show him the bouncy house.  Tracey, Jerry and Rex graciously let us borrow Rex's bouncy house for the party.  Dad picked it up for us and dropped it by our house on Wednesday.  Michael and I were nervous about blowing it up.  I reserved an hour just in case.  It literally took 2 minutes to inflate.




The purpose of the bouncy house was two fold:  first, to make Finn's birthday more memorable and second, to keep the kids occupied so the adults could visit and eat in peace.





While the kids played Michael fired up the grill and we ate lunch.  Instead of breakfast, we served brats/chicken/hot dogs.



We had a really great turnout.  Once the party got going, Finn took JT upstairs and played in his kitchen.  This is quintessential Finn.

Finn, his best buddy JT and his neighbor Caroline.  Finn was very specific that he wanted Caroline to come to his party. 




Sam didn't miss out on the fun either.  He spent his day doing what he does best - being loveable. 

Next we cut the cake.  Finn was so proud of his cake.  He even brought a few of his friends in from outside to look at it.  Before we put the candles on, Finn helped me put the dinosaurs on the cake.

 I loved that she put a volcano on the cake - perfect place for the candles. 

I love this one because you can see Addison singing in the background.

Finn, who normally does not like social situations did really great being the center of attention during the singing.  He got all three of those candles too. 

 Katie, Jacob and Finn waiting for cake. 



Finn getting a little bit impatient.

Next we collectively opened Finn's presents. 



We were completely bombarded!!! It was so much fun though. Finn didn't mind that his friends helped him open his gift - so I didn't mind either.  I almost felt like I was drowning in children.  I don't know who gave Finn what.  Regardless, he received many great gifts and we are so grateful. 

Cooper, Hank and Sam got in on the gifts too!

Next Finn shared his toys with this friends while Michael assembled. 








The party ended around 2:00.  Addison stayed late to play with Finn.  They were so sweet playing together.  I want to thank all of our friends and family for coming to Finn's party.  He was so happy!

A very special thanks to those who spent the day behind the camera to ensure that I got great shots of the Finnster on his big day.  I only wish I had more pictures to post of you both.  Also, thank you to everyone who brought food.  We couldn't have done it without you. 



Later in the day Finn opened his presents from Gran.  Then they went to see a movie while I went downtown for Chelsea's bachelorette party.  



Just a few more pictures of the Finnster's big day.




 Showing Lindsey and Courtney his "Dinosaur Train" toys.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday