Finn's Real Birthday

Today is Finn's Birthday.  I can't believe he is three years old. I had a little moment today while we were playing in the floor when I got a little teary, but I mostly did really good with my emotions.  I didn't want to spend the whole day feeling sad, so I didn't.  I chose to focus on all the great things about Finn - he is musically inclined, loquacious, clever, cautious, loving and kind (most of the time).   The only bad part of my day was dealing with my allergies. I sneezed no fewer that a hundred times. In fact, I sneezed so many times that I started sweating, my throat got sore and I felt nauseous.  But despite feeling badly, I made a decision that I was going to do whatever Finn wanted to do today.  Finn took full advantage.  We played kitchen, Noah's Ark, puzzles, Play-doh, tools and we watched Land Before Time and Dinosaur train.  Finn's diet today consisted of Animal crackers and. ice cream.

This picture is of Finn trying NOT to share with Sam.

Finn is making grass for his dinosaurs to eat.  Let the record reflect that I cleaned Play-Doh out of the carpet for the rest of the night. 

Seeing as how we are a relatively new family (in the grand scheme of things) we haven't exactly figured out what our family traditions will be. This year we decided that we will give him our gifts on his actual birthday and take him out to eat wherever he wants to go.  I asked Finn what he wanted for his birthday supper and he told me he wanted pancakes at Cracker Barrel.  

When Michael got home from work we got both boys ready took a few pictures to commemorate Finn's third birthday.

 In this picture I asked Finn to show me hold old he is.   He counts with this thumb.

Now we are just being silly. 



Sam was in rare mode at Cracker Barrel.  He was so loud, but not because he was made but because he was happy.  He grabbed for everything he saw on the table, including my pancakes.  The second the serve put the plate on the table he dove at the pancakes and grabbed one in his fist.  Bare in mind, this child had already eat two jars of baby food and a mum-mum. I tore off little pieces of the pancake and let him try to feed himself.  


After carefully looking over the menu, Finn decided on pancakes too. 



Sam eating his pancakes pieces. 

When the serve found out that it was Finn' s birthday she brought him out a piece of cake and they sang to him. 
Finn was embarrassed and covered his face - but I think he enjoyed it anyway.

When we got home Finn opened his presents from us.  We got him a big T-Rex and a dinosaur play mat that folds into a storage box.  Thank goodness, now we have a place to store the dinosaurs.  We also got him the Toy Story figurines that he picked out at the Disney Store, a Diego toy, a Spiderman toy and few little dinosaurs. 
Finn spent the rest of this birthday playing with his big T-Rex.   Happy Birthday Finn.  We love you so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday