Ratatouille for Real

This morning Finn branched out at breakfast time.  Instead of his usual bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios Finn had Rice Krispy's.  When I told him about Rice Krispy's he said that he didn't like it.  I then told him that you can make cookies from Rice Krispy's - he was immediately on board.   I sat Finn down at the table and poured his bowl.  He looked at if for several minutes.  I finally asked Finn what he was doing.  He told me to come closer.  I leaned down close to his face and he said, "mom, I thought you said this was going to turn into a cookie."  Finn was just waiting for his cereal to transfigure into a cookie - a very reasonable line of thought.

After dropping Finn off at school Sam and I went to Greenhills Mall to the Apple Store.  My phone has been messing up lately so I went to get it fixed (they actually just ended up giving me another one).  Sam was very well behaved in the store.  He played with "Grave Digger" most of the time.  He was also on his leash the entire time so he could play in a three foot radius of where I was standing.  After getting the phone I walked Sam back out to the car.  We apparently looked very funny because we got a lot of chuckles. 

After Sam's nap Sam and I went to the store to get ingredients for supper.  I decided to make Ratatouille.  I figured it was high time we actually tasted the dish made famous in the movie of the same name.  Sam decided that he couldn't wait to sink his eat in to some ratatouille - so he ate some of the ingredients instead.

He ate about a third of that pepper.


When we got home Finn was amped to get started.  He helped me cut up all of the vegetables and put them in the skillet.  He oohed and awed about how pretty it looked and how good it was going to taste.



As I was making the dish I knew there was no way on God's green earth that Finn was going to eat a bite of this - it is basically onions, peppers and zucchini.  Sure enough the closer we got to supper the less "committal" Finn became.  He starts to tell me that it is the wrong ratatouille - that I didn't make it like the rat did.  In a way he was correct - I cubed my vegetable as opposed to cutting them in slivers. 

When it was time to sit down and eat Finn chickened out all together.  He explained that the only reason he wanted to make ratatouille was so that Daddy could try it.   We made him eat it anyway.  He didn't complain too much.  Sam didn't complain at all - he loved it.  His area could have been deemed a national disaster.  He had thyme all over his face and yellow peppers in his diaper.  We went straight upstairs for a bath. 

After bath time Finn and Michael went to the store to use our quickly expiring coupons.  Sam and I sat on the couch and read books.  After I was all read out I told Sam that he could either sit nicely on the couch with me or he could go to bed.  He opted for the couch.  All was going well until "Come on Eileen" came on - that child took to the dance floor like white on rice.   After the song was over I told Sam it was time for bed.  He immediately starts yelling - SIT ON COUCH, SIT ON COUCH.  One of these days he will learn.

Just some other pictures from the last few days . . .







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday