Bible Scholar Finn

I have mentioned this before but I can't say enough about how much I like Finn's school.  His Bible knowledge is really impressive.  Last week they learned about Naaman.  I asked Finn to tell me the story.  He told me as follows:  "EliSHA (he wanted to make sure that I didn't confuse Elisha with Elijah) told Naaman to go down to the JOE-DAN water (Jordan River) and dunk himself fifty (50) times - then he would be healed.

He is also required to memorize a bible verse every week.  I love hearing Finn recite his memory verses because he memorizes the King James Version.  I get so tickled hearing Finn with his "thees" and "thous." Last week was John 3:16.  He can say the entire verse - even the "only begotten Son" part.

Today Finn was asked to bring something for show and tell.  He decided to bring his "Finn McMissile" Christmas ornament.  In the car on the way to school Finn and I discussed what he could say to his class when it was his turn for show and tell.  I gave him some ideas about talking about Christmas.  I then asked him who was born on Christmas Day - Finn responded, "Santa Claus."

Speaking of Christmas, I finally have my Christmas tree up.  It took me about a week - but it is up.  I decided not to put all my Hallmark ornaments on the tree this year because I had a feeling that Sam would pull them all off.  We are also leaving for Hawaii on the 26th so I wanted to be able to take the tree down quickly.

By the way, my feeling was correct, Sam's favorite activity these days is "undecking" my halls.  If he didn't look so cute doing it I would be pretty irritated.  He will stand at the tree for as long as I will let him and point with that tiny will finger at the Mickey Mouse ornaments - of as Sam says "MEEKA Mouse." (I put a few characters up for Sam and Finn.) Once he has mustered up enough courage Sam will pull an ornament off the tree and take off running.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday