Runnin' the Birthday Party Circuit

Yesterday Finn and Sam attended two (2) birthday parties.  One for Parker and other for Griffin and Gavin (the twins).

Before the party madness commenced the boys snuggled up on the couch for a little "Rabbits Invasion."



At noon we arrived at First Baptist Hendersonville for Parker's party.  FBC Hendersonville has the BEST party area.   Finn and Sam were excited to see JT, Mason and Ella (friends from Victoria's house).


Both Sam and Finn played in the enormous playground.  Sam was skeptical at first so I went in with him.  After a few seconds he was fine - that is until we got to the enclosed slide.  Sam and I climbed to the very top of the play area - the only way down was the slide.  Sam really didn't want to go but I convinced him that it would be fun.  You could hear the poor child screaming all the way down.  Michael was at the bottom to catch him. I decided to go down too so that I could assess just how scary this slide is.  It was a bit twisty and pretty dark - but the kicker was that it shocked me all the way down. I'm sure the shocking is what upset Sam so much.
  
  

Sam with Aunt Chelsea. This was Sam's favorite part of the play area. He climbed up and then turn around and scoot down.  Finn's favorite part was the netted stairs.  He pretended that he was going into the sewers.


The "Three Musketeers" - or maybe I should call them . . . Mikey, Raf and Donnie.




  The party crew . . . and Sam (minus one nap).




Next we had lunch - Sam ate all the tomatoes that he could get his hand on.  After lunch Sam went home for a nap and Finn got his face painted.



Finn also got a balloon "sword" and promptly attached Parker's Great Grandfather.  He also made poor little Mason an accessory to a crime.




Our second party of the day was at Wholesale Nashville in Goodlettsville.  I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't take any pictures. Finn spent most of his time in the bouncy house while Sam ran around kicking a ball.  There was a pretty intense dodgeball game going on so Michael and I spent most of our time ensuring that Sam didn't get his head knocked off - this kid is fearless.

We made it home by 6:00.  We were all pretty tired.  In fact, I had to wake both Finn and Sam up from their naps so that we could go to the second party.  By 7:00 we were all snuggling on the couch.  By 7:30 I was snoozing on Finn's shoulder. It was a good day for two (2) parties because even though it was freezing outside the boys were still able to run and play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday