I. DECLARE. WAR

Other than a terrible headache - we had a great weekend.  It all started when Gran came to keep the boys while Michael and I attended an "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party" at Roger and Anna's house.  We had a ball - and I came out with some great eye shadow and eucalyptus soap.

Why is that Michael and I always look goofier that everybody else????

While we were living it up at the Christmas party Sam and Finn were partying with Gran. They painted Christmas ornaments and drank hot chocolate. 





Saturday, I spent the morning at church giving free legal advise at "The Gift" - a single mom's event at our church.  For me, the most memorable part was when I got a paper cut on my finger and bled all over those single mom's legal documents - super professional and sanitary to boot!

When I got home Michael had started a fire and we sat around the rest of the day basking in the warmth of a fire - I felt like a snake lying as close as I could to the fireplace.

Earlier in the day Finn hit Michael with one of his ninja weapons and as a result was grounded from ninja stuff the rest of the day.  To keep him occupied we did other things. While Sam slept I taught Finn a few new games.  First we played the hand slap game.  Finn was loving life while playing.  Next I taught him to play "War" the card game.  I didn't think that anything could beat the hand slap game but I was unimaginably wrong. We played for close to any hour - at the end Finn emerged victorious. He kept telling me the entire time we were play "how awesome" this game is.

On Sunday Finn and I played "War" again except this time he would look at two cards at a time and decide to save his best card for another time.  Safe to say that Finn caught on to the game pretty quick.   Next we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - Finn loved it!  After it was over he asked me to play it again.


 Sam watching "Mr. Grinch."




Right before bed Sam asked to watch "Look Down" so we cuddled on the couch and watched the first five (5) minutes of Les Mis.  One major part of the show is that the lead character is freakishly strong.  Every time Finn sees Val Jean lifting something very heavy he asks, "when will Daddy do that?"  Tonight he assured me that his daddy was in Les Mis but that we just had to look really hard for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere