Momentum

On Sunday I met a few of my closest friends from my small group at Long Hollow for "Momentum."  It is a women's conference hosted at our church for women all over middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky.  We were busting at the seams - both in the building and in the parking lot.  It was quite an incredible and inspiring sight.

The event was MC'ed by Holly Thompson.  The opening speaker was Lisa Harper and the main speaker was Chris Caine.  I really liked Lisa Harper, but Chris Caine was awesome.

Elena, Amanda and I before the night got underway.

Amanda, Audra, me and Elena at the end of the evening.  Our friend Anna was there too, but left before we took the picture.  Our friend Audra also spoke on the panel.

On Saturday Michael took Finn out for a special father/son night.  This left me and Sam to slum around together.  Since I had been stuck in the house all week I decided that Sam and I would go to the post office and the grocery store.  I was really dreading checking my PO box because I hadn't checked it all week.  I assumed that it would overflowing with mail.  Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I wasn't the only attorney in Sumner County that wasn't working over the snow days.  I had three (3) pieces of mail (for a whole work week - that is unheard of).

Next we went to Kroger.  It is impossible to take Sam to Kroger, especially the fruit and vegetable section. He wants everything that he sees.  He first told me how much he NEEDED tomatoes - so I got him a box of grape tomatoes.  Then he asked for blueberries - and again I obliged.  Then it was cucumbers, watermelon, pears and strawberries.  I drew the line at blueberries.

After his apparent need for produce was satisfied, Sam decided that he wanted to start "fake" shooting people.  He began to point his pointer finger at passersby and made "shooting" noises. Most people ignored him, but one nice elderly gentleman played along and pretended to be mortally wounded.  Sam was thrilled.

When we got home Sam dove head first into the grape tomatoes and ate almost the entire box. I don't really care for tomatoes, so it is very strange to see someone eat tomatoes plain and in bulk.






Finn and daddy made it home around 8:30.  Finn was so excited to tell me that he and daddy went to GameStop and then went to Uncle David's house to play a wrestling game on the XBox.  Finn actually beat Michael twice.

Yes, Finn loves wrestling now.  He and Michael sit and watch matches together all the time.  Finn really gets into the pomp and circumstance of it all.  He knows all the wrestlers and can imitate some of his favorite wrestlers' signature moves.

A sweet picture of Sam and his bunny.

Finn got a hold of the camera again.

Check out daddy's guns . . . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday